Podiatric physicians have trusted PICA for their medical professional
liability insurance needs for over three decades. You can get the same
high-level service and quality for your other insurance needs through our
affiliate, ProAssurance Agency.
Business Related Insurance
Exposures you need to consider insuring for your practice:
Business Owners Coverage (BOP)
- Property Coverage – Covers your building and business personal property for
- General Liability Coverage – Protects you against claims for damages because
of bodily injury or property damage to others resulting from your business
- Business Interruption Coverage
- Computer Equipment Coverage
- Coverage for attorney and audit costs incurred in response to actions or
proceedings from RAC audit findings, as well as payments for potential fines
- Provides defense costs, civil fines and penalties coverage for HIPAA, Stark
and EMTALA proceedings.
- Offers broader coverage than the Administrative Defense Coverage (ADC)
included in your PICA policy.
Workers Compensation Coverage (WC)
- Coverage for an accident or occupational disease resulting from a
- Laws vary from state to state.
- You as the owner/officer of the practice can opt to be included or excluded
- Protects your practice against loss, defense costs, and data recovery costs
relating to network security wrongful acts, governmental investigation, data
recovery, and patient notification/credit monitoring.
Employment Practice Liability
- Covers wrongful acts arising from the employment alleged claims such as
wrongful termination, discrimination and sexual harassment.
- As a supplier with Medicare for durable medical equipment, prosthetics,
orthotics, and supplies, you are required to carry comprehensive liability of at
least $300,000, and a surety bond of $50,000 per location.
Contact Jim Hatchel for more information or assistance protecting your
practice with products from the ProAssurance Agency.
Not all coverages listed are available through